Sony continues to drive the evolution of its flagship console, the PlayStation 5, with an exciting new update to its system software.
This update, identified as 23.02-08.00.00.44, has been released globally and brings with it a number of improvements and features that are sure to excite gaming fans.
Expandable support for 8TB SSD
One of the standout features of this update is the impressive support for 8TB SSD. This means that PlayStation 5 players now have the ability to significantly expand their storage space, which is especially useful for those who download numerous games and apps.
Improved listening experience with Dolby Atmos
The listening experience on PlayStation 5 has been elevated to another level with the inclusion of Dolby Atmos support. This allows gamers to immerse themselves in high-quality surround sound that perfectly complements gaming experiences. It’s no longer just about seeing, but also about clearly hearing every detail!
PS Remote Play on more Android devices
The September update also brings good news for players who want to take their games with them everywhere. PS Remote Play, which allows you to stream games from your PS5 or PS4 console to other devices, is now compatible with an even wider range of Android devices. This includes smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs. Additionally, PS Remote Play will be available on devices running Android TV OS 12. This flexibility gives gamers more options to enjoy their favorite games on the go.
Improved voice commands
The Voice Commands feature has also received significant improvements. Now, players in the US and UK can use voice commands to access help content and learn about new PS5 features and the monthly lineup of PlayStation Plus games. This feature streamlines navigation and gives players quick access to the information they need.
PS5 Beta Features Worldwide
Features previously announced as part of the beta are now available to all PS5 users worldwide. These features include:
- New accessibility features: A second controller can now be assigned to an account as an assistant, making it easier to collaborate on games and help out on challenging sections.
- Haptic feedback system interface: The option to activate haptic feedback effects while navigating the PS5 has been added, which improves immersion and is useful for players with visual or hearing impairments.
- Dolby Atmos Audio Device Support: Owners of Dolby Atmos-compatible audio devices, such as sound bars and home theater systems, can now enjoy 3D audio provided by Tempest 3D AudioTech.
Improvements to social features
The update also improves the PS5’s social features:
- Party Interface Update: You can now invite a player to a closed party without automatically adding the player to the party or creating a new party. You can also send open or closed invites to groups instead of just individual players.
- Screen Share Preview: When someone shares their screen at a party, you’ll see a preview of what they’re sharing before you join the party.
- Easy Joining Friends Play Sessions: You can easily see which friends are in an activity you can join under the “Friends” tab. The “Joinable” icon will be displayed next to friends who are playing a game you can join.
- Reactions to Messages with Emojis: You can now add reactions to messages with emojis, making it easy to communicate with friends quickly and easily.
The update includes several usability improvements:
- Search for games in your library: You can now search for games within your game library.
- Game Help Improvements: The game’s hint cards have been improved, making it easier to find objectives and their corresponding clues. You can also view available, previously available, upcoming, and completed activities.
- Discover new features: Explore useful tips to get the most out of your PS5 and discover new features in the “Discover Tips” section.
- PS5 Sound Mute: You can adjust the volume of the PS5’s sound or mute it completely when you turn it on or off, or when you put it in sleep mode.