The latest updates and functions from Apple are now available to users with different fixes and that could now improve your iPhone with iOS 17. Well, Apple was quite concerned about this update working with autocorrect, until reaching this version now available for your iPhone . The iOS 17 update now has different functions and aspects such as interactive widgets, StandBy mode, Live Voicemail, Voicemail and FaceTime video among other aspects. Now also, be sure to check that your model is compatible with this version, so read on.
The now common customization options that stood out so much in iOS 16 are now wholesale for your lock screen, joining in iOS 17 with other aspects such as iMessage and FaceTime or Health aspects. But due to the power required by the aforementioned functions, You better check if your device has the necessary support.
Important aspects to highlight with iOS 17
The new update will have four different aspects: sharing, new experiences, communication and smart entry. It should be noted that the functions related to the Diary app will not yet be available for the first version of the update. According to the company, the functions will be arriving little by little in the remainder of the year.
Keep in mind that after updating, you will have to review these areas:
- Redesigned autocorrect now with online text recommendation.
- StandBy mode that just by charging and keeping it in horizontal orientation you can activate it with a view of clocks, widgets, photos and music playback.
- Live Voicemail or Live Voicemail that includes live transcription without having to answer.
- Contact sign that allows appearance customization to call other contacts. It’s basically a business card.
- FaceTime audio and video messages to answer calls.
- Check In security function for Messages that are directed to your family members that mark your route and arrival at your destination to be fully informed.
- Offline Maps that you can download and view without having internet.
- Groups and password and key sharing with iCloud Keychain.
- Activation of Siri without the need to include “Hey” in the phrase.
- Adaptive audio, custom volume and conversation recognition through AirPods.
iPhone models supported by version
As big and wonderful as iOS 17 is, it seems to maintain a lot of power in its features. Therefore, an iPhone with an A12 Bionic chip onwards will be necessary. This means that the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X will no longer have iOS 17.
This is the list of models that will have access to the version:
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Plus
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)
Update to iOS 17
Now that you already have the version available on your iPhone and the update is completely free, you will only have to access your device with the following steps:
- Access the Settings App from your iPhone on the compatible models mentioned in the list above.
- Now you will have to go to the General section.
- Finally, just click on Software Update.
- If this is your first time updating, remember to follow all the recommendations that Apple makes for all types of updates, such as keeping your charger close or connected if your device has the minimum required, 50%. So be patient and check each aspect, in addition to having enough time or protect your data.